COMMISSIONER OF AGRICULTURE’S
AWARD FOR AGRICULTURAL EXCELLENCE
- Awards shall recognize exhibits, which promote a better understanding of agriculture and rural life.
- Awards may be given to individuals, farms, businesses, or organizations.
- Awards shall be given based upon assessment of the following:
- Organization and neatness
- Ability to convey clear information or message
- Conformity to generally accepted practices such as animal cleanliness, proper preparation of produce, adherence to state or federal grade and quality standards, etc.
- Clear identification of exhibitor: name and hometown.
- Integration with overall goals of the individual fair.
- Awards shall not be given to an exhibitor more than once in three years.
- Awards shall be determined by Judges appointed by the Commissioner of Agriculture, Markets and Food.