Insurance Requirements for Exhibiting
An Exhibitor shall at all times while on the fairgrounds, at its own cost and expense, carry such insurance as will fully protect both the Exhibitor and the Hopkinton State Fair Association (HSF Association) from any and all claims of whatsoever kind and nature for the damage to property or for personal injury, including death, made by anyone whomsoever, that may arise from exhibiting during the fair, either by the Exhibitor or by any subcontractor, or by anyone directly or indirectly employed by the Exhibitor.
1. Exhibitor expressly agrees to provide GENERAL LIABILITY INSURANCE with an insurance company or companies authorized to do business in New Hampshire having coverage of at least One Million Dollars ($1,000,000 Each Occurrence Limit/$2,000,000 General Aggregate). The Exhibitor shall furnish to the HSF Association a certificate of such insurance certifying that such insurance is in full force and effect from the time the Exhibitor enters the grounds until departure. Such insurance shall name the HSF Association as an additional insured and such certificates shall provide a 30-day Notice of Cancellation or Material Change to the Association, except for 10 days’ notice for non-payment of premium. Exhibitor’s Insurance Carrier shall carry a Best’s Rating of at least A, and with a minimum Financial Rating of Class VII.
3. Exhibitor shall procure at its own cost and expense, WORKERS’ COMPENSATION INSURANCE covering such of its employees as are required to be covered by the provisions of New Hampshire Statute, Chapter 281-A. Exhibitor shall furnish to the HSF Association a certiﬁcate of such insurance certifying that insurance is in full force and effect.
4. Exhibitor agrees to carry PERSONAL/COMMERCIAL AUTOMOBILE (Owned/Non-owned and Hired) coverage at limits of $300,000 Each Accident, Combined Single Limit for Bodily Injury and Property Damage. Exhibitor must maintain proof of insurance at all times while on HSF property and provide evidence to a Hopkinton State Fair official upon request.
5. It is the intent of parties that any policies purchased by the Exhibitor shall be primary with regards to liability insurance carried by the HSF Association, whose policy shall always be excess.
6. Failure of the Exhibitor to provide the certificates referenced above, or failure of the HSF Association to specifically request such certificates, shall in NO WAY limit or release the Exhibitor of its obligations or liabilities while at the Hopkinton State Fair.
Verbiage for Certificate
Certificate Holder / Additional Insured
Hopkinton State Fair and it’s Directors, Employees and Agents
392 Kearsage Ave
P.O. Box 700
Contoocook, NH 03229
Who needs to have Liability Insurance to exhibit at the fair?
You need to have liability insurance if you are exhibiting pulling animals, horses, cattle, llamas, alpacas, goats, sheep, swine or dogs
Who needs to have Workers’ Compensation Insurance?
If you are a business and have employees that are required to be covered by the provisions of New Hampshire Statute, Chapter 281-A.
Who needs to have Personal/Commercial Automobile coverage?
Anyone who drives a vehicle onto Hopkinton State Fair property.
Need Liability Insurance?
If you need liability coverage you may choose to purchase insurance DHC Insurance, LLC. This company is able to provide you a policy that meets the fair’s liability insurance requirements (auto or workers compensation is not available from DCH Insurance LLC).
DHC Insurance, LLC has provided a link for you to easily purchase coverage.
Hopkinton State Fair has absolutely no affiliation and receives no financial benefit from DHC Insurance, LLC.
DHC Insurance, LLC charges a fee of $52.00 for the five days while you are exhibiting at Hopkinton State Fair.
Questions about purchasing this coverage please call….