At the discretion of the Superintendent, classes may be combined. The Superintendent will refuse to coop.
Entries must be received by August 15th; no late entries will be accepted.
Rules and Regulations
- No animal may be shown out of its age lot.
- No animal under 4 months of age may be shown.
- Exhibitors may combine entries for Produce of Dam lots. However, each exhibitor will be limited to one Produce per Dam per breed.
- If requested by an exhibitor, registration papers will be checked in the ring for Dam & Daughter and Produce of Dam lots for identification purposes.
- Each exhibitor is limited to one entry in all group classes, per breed.
- All decisions of the judge(s) will be final.
- All animal’s must have had a calf to be shown in the cow classes.
- Hopkinton State Fair Association will supply limited bedding. Please share supply of bedding by not overloading your barn area. There will be an adequate supply of grain, hay, and bedding for sale on the grounds. Please bring your own wheelbarrow for manure disposal.
- The Hopkinton State Fair Association has a Dairy Center, which is comprised of a milking area, milk room, and Dairy Bar. The center will provide, for your convenience, an area completely equipped to milk your cows, as well as being an excellent attraction for the public.
- The milking area is to be used by exhibitors. All milk will be checked for antibiotics. IT IS IMPORTANT to insure that no antibiotics or abnormal milk be shipped from this facility. A machine will be available to milk cows with abnormal milk or if the milk is contaminated.
- It is a violation of Hopkinton State Fair policy to inject cows with any substance in the Dairy Center. Violators will be excused from participating at any event held on the Hopkinton State Fairgrounds for one full year from the date of the violation.
- Disposing of milk outside the Milking Parlor is a violation of Hopkinton State Fair policy and is a violation of Federal Law. Please check with the Milking Parlor Manager if you have questions.
- Hopkinton State Fair is no longer able to pay exhibitors for milk.
CLASS REFERENCE :
- Spring Heifer Calf, born after February 28, 2021 and over four months of age.
- Winter Heifer Calf, born after November 30, 2020 and before March 1, 2021.
- Fall Heifer Calf, born after August 31, 2020 and before December 1, 2020.
- Summer Yearling Heifer, born after May 31, 2020 and before September 1, 2020.
- Spring Yearling Heifer, born after February 28, 2020 and before June 1, 2020.
- Winter Yearling Heifer, born after November 30, 2019 and before February 28, 2020.
- Fall Yearling Heifer, born after August 31, 2019 and before December 1, 2018 (not in milk).
- Fall Yearling Heifer in Milk, born after August 31, 2019 and before December 1, 2019.
- Junior Two Year Old Cow, born after February 28, 2019 and before September 1, 2019.
- Senior Two Year Old Cow, born after August 31, 2018 and before March 1, 2019.
- Three Year Old Cow, born after August 31, 2017 and before September 1, 2018.
- Four Year Old Cow, born after August 31, 2016 and before September 1, 2017.
- Aged Cow, born before September 1, 2016.
- Dry Cow, any cow that has calved, but is not in milk. Cows shown in this class may not be shown in any other single cow class.
- Best Three Females, three females any age, who have been bred by and at least one owned by exhibitor. Each exhibitor limited to one entry per breed.
- Dam and Daughter, A cow and one daughter, any age (a daughter, dam and granddam do not comprise 2 dam-daughter groups); one owner. Each exhibitor limited to one entry per breed.
- Produce of Dam, two females, any age, the produce of one cow. Each exhibitor limited to one entry per breed.
- Exhibitor’s Herd of Five Females, two females over two years of age, two females under two years of age, and one any age. Each exhibitor limited to one entry per breed.
There will be a Peewee Class to be held, Saturday,
September 4, 2021. This is open to all Dairy Exhibitors who are non-4H members. Pre-registration is required with the Dairy Superintendent. This class will follow the rules of 4H Fitting and Showing Classes, including show clothes.