Entries must be received by August 15th, no late entries will be accepted.
If the Superintendent observes 4H Youth animal regardless of where that animal is housed being clipped, fitted or cared for by anyone other than the 4H Youth member, that animal will be disqualified from the 4H Youth show.
All entries must be owned by or registered to the 4H Youth member only. Age will be determined by teeth. Ram lambs will be permitted in the market lamb project but must be permanently identified as a market lamb. Market lambs cannot be shown in any other breed class during the same show season. Large classes will be divided according to fall or spring lambs.
All classes may be divided at the discretion of the Superintendent and one entry per class with the exception of Lot #5 only to allow exhibitor to participate in bred and owned classes, Lots 9, 10, 12 and 13 where appropriate. Halters are optional and the member will be judged on their ability to show their animal to their best advantage in the style chosen. Points may be deducted if a halter is used but ignored. Halters are mandatory for novice members. Exhibitor may have assistance from another 4H Youth member for group classes. If a 4H Youth member is exhibiting his/her sheep and receives assistance from another 4H Youth member, the owner must be at the head of the sheep; foot setters are optional.
Dress Code: Slacks Only. (review dress code page 7)
All animals used in Fitting and Showing must be shown in breed or Market Class. All papers must be checked prior to showing. No sheep must have been exposed to any infectious or contagious diseases (foot rot, sore mouth, and pink eye, to be specific). Ownership of Stock – All sheep must be owned prior to June 15.
CLASS REFERENCE :
- Junior Ram Lamb, born on or after January 1, 2022 but before April 29, 2022
- Senior Ram Lamb, born September 1, 2021 and before January 1, 2022
- Yearling Ram, born September 1, 2020 – August 31, 2021.
- Junior Ewe Lamb, born on or after January 1, 2022 but before April 29, 2022 – 2 entries may be shown in this class only to allow exhibitor to qualify to participate in bred and owned classes (Lots #9, 10, 12 & 13), where appropriate.
- Senior Ewe Lamb, born September 1, 2021 and before January 1, 2022.
- Yearling Ewe, born September 1, 2020 – August 31, 2021.
- Pair of Ewes, one yearling ewe and one ewe lamb, owned by exhibitor.
- Pair of Lambs, one ram and one ewe owned by exhibitor.
- Exhibitor’s Flock, one ram and one yearling ewe and one ewe lamb owned by exhibitor.
- Breeder’s Young Flock, either yearling or ram lamb, one yearling ewe and one ewe lamb, bred and owned by exhibition.
- Get of Sire, 3 any age or sex all from the same sire, bred and owned by exhibitor.
Note: In all bred and owned classes, papers must be shown in the show ring. Entries in group classes must have been shown in individual classes. Order of show will be as printed in the book.